Transformer Drone, a VTOL with 300% increase in efficiency over a helicopter.
How is this possible?
- Poor performance of Competition - Helicopters and other contemporary aircraft have poor efficiency (low hurdle).
- Fundamentally different approach - a front or rear tiltwing aligns with the fuselage to form a highly effective lifting body aircraft, forming cruising configurations similar to the Best Contemplated next-generation airliners.
- LEAPFROG - Correction! The transformations will be to cruising configurations that EXCEED the performances of the Best Contemplated next-generation airliners, as is possible with thinner more-streamlined drone aircraft.
How It Works
- Choose a streamlined and efficient cruising configuration (travels Faster & Farther).
- Back-Engineer that configuration to: a) a front or rear tiltwing, b) a platform or fuselage with additional propulsor(s), and c) a mechanism for the transition from VTOL to cruising.
- Modify the mechanism to be driven by passively (versus actively) through aerodynamic forces and to be safer than the competition.
Images are from patents and patent applications, see Patents.